Friday, July 24, 2015

My First Charming Handbag

I bookmarked this tutorial back when I first saw it. It is called the Charming Handbag and is on the Moda Bake Shop. Click here to go directly to the tutorial.

I recently saw some of these on another blog I read, Happy Quilting, and decided that I needed to make at least one. So here is the first one. 


This is the project I showed you the quilted back side of yesterday. I'm really pleased with how cute the quilting is on this!

I say the "first" one because I'm sure I will make a few more. These are fun to make, aren't too complicated, a good size when finished and darn cute. This one used a Cuzco charm pack. I had a few fat quarters of Cuzco too and used three of them for the lining and handles - two for the lining and one for the handles and an inside pocket.


I used another pair of my invisible magnetic closures for this one too. They go in between the lining and the bag exterior. If you look closely at the photo above you can see the two small squares when they are sewn to the lining. Below is a close-up with an arrow pointing to it on one side.


I have a few more charm packs laying around my sewing room. I think it is time to dig them out and make a few more of these!


2 comments:

Sandy H said...

Tote adorbs! I've got boatloads of charm packs so in my bag-making journey, I should incorporate some of these. In this case, it's not the bag that gives me pause (it does look pretty straightforward), but the snaps/magnets/closure contraptions. I'm pretty comfortable with zippers these days, but I've never done a snap!

Mama Pea said...

More great quilting. I like the invisible magnet. Do they hold well?