Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hand Embroidered Wool Covered Notebook

I made another covered notebook using my tutorial for covered notebooks. By the way, if you haven't visited my tutorials page lately, I've updated it recently.

This is my first one made from wool. I started this as a teaching project for my wool bag class at Kathy's Fabric Trunk. Here is the cover opened out before it was trimmed to become a notebook cover.


The applique, embroidery and quilting were all done by hand.

Here is what it looks like finished.

The Front
The Back

The Inside Front Cover
The side flaps and lining are cotton fabric. The same fabric that I used for the cotton square on the front. I'm very pleased with how it turned out!


2 comments:

Sandy H said...

Love this! Combines two of my faves: embroidery and felted wool. I also love the strip (ribbon?) on the back--perfect unexpected touch. If I actually used paper anymore, I'd definitely make myself one of these, LOL.

Mama Pea said...

So cute. I love it. I especially love that ribbon detail. I love the book plate inside. Where did you get that? Did you make it?