Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm Back

My class ended yesterday! Yippee! In case you were worried, I passed. I was able to do a little more work on my New York Beauty project during the week in 15 - 20 minute segments. Here is what it looked like last time I posted it.


And here is what it looks like this morning.


I'm sorry I didn't take in between photos. I was just so glad to have a few minutes to sew that I didn't want to waste any time trying to take process photos. I think the piecing part is done. I am starting to think about how to quilt it.


Since I haven't posted in a week, I have a few cat photos to share. The first was taken on Tuesday, Oct. 6th.


It is Goldie and Maggie both asleep on our bed. Notice the water bottle in between them to remind Goldie to leave Maggie alone. Goldie has been slowly trying to make friends. The picture below was taken just yesterday. I did not think this day would ever come!


They stayed like this for about an hour. I'm not sure Maggie ever realized Goldie was in the chair with her.

This last one was taken on Saturday. Parker and I watched a movie in the afternoon and he felt Goldie needed some friends to watch with her.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Oh, wow. Your block is awesome! I tried some wonky piecing this weekend (I'll post about it later). Not as easy as it looks. Always hard for me to be wonky...I want to be more structured and rigid! I really like how your block turned out.

Your cats are so adorable. I have never been much of a cat person, but the two we have are weaseling their way into my heart. I love to pick them up and snuggle with them a little when I get home at night. Especially Rosa, who actually likes being held (PJ just nips at you the whole time you hold her). Elsa wanted to bring Rosa in the house with her the other day. I let her as long as she kept her on her lap.

Glad your class is over. Hope it was fruitful. WebCT/Blackboard has a lot of ins and outs. I need to call IT support today with help on something as a matter of fact! Glad to have you back!

Lisa ONeill said...

I love your star block and all of the free-form piecing!