Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ornament Decision

I have tested several possible ornaments for this year and I have made a decision. I will be making the house ornaments.


Yesterday I cut out all the house pieces and started assembling them.


Instead of putting a number on the back of each house, I am putting the recipient's name, the year and my initials.

I found out yesterday that Parker's class is having another Market Day next Friday. I wonder when the note is going to come home about this? Grrr! Luckily, Parker and I have already planned our craft and have all the key ingredients already. We are going to make fire flies. We decided this last school year when we thought there was going to be a third Market Day. The third one didn't happen in 2nd grade so we just saved all the stuff since he was going to be with the same teacher this year.

I have made a little more progress on my Strata project.


This is likely to be as far as I get with this for a while. I plan to be making fire flies this weekend and finishing the ornaments if there is time and energy left over after the fire flies.

3 comments:

Barb said...

What cute ornaments....

love your project you are working on.

Denise in PA said...

I hope we'll get to see a photo of the fireflies! Don't you just love the last minute things?! The house ornaments are a great idea - they will be so cute. Your strata's looking good!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, you are taking on the houses. I would like to do that, too, but I don't see myself having time this year. I think it may be a project I work on throughout the year. Your strata is looking good! I'll be interested to see your firefly project.