Friday, December 18, 2009

Funky Santa on the wall

Well ... it's not done but I hung it up anyway. Notice the batting sticking out on the edges. I just did some basting stitches about 1/8 of an inch from the edges to hold things together. I even left some of the basting pins in places in the middle of the quilt. All the appliques are attached though. I'm thinking that it needs a couple more appliques, two or three, then quilting it with some overall designs and a few motifs - snowflakes and candy pieces. I am also considering doing the quilting by block or small sections of blocks instead of an overall pattern. While it is hanging I am weighing my options and trying to make decisions. I hope to have all decisions made by the time I take it down in January so I can just get to work and finish it up.

No comments: