Monday, March 25, 2013

Quick Weekend Project

I finished a couple of small projects this weekend. The first was this Little Wallet. The link will take you to the pattern page. You'll need to scroll down quite aways to find it, but it is on the page.


The pattern is by Valori Wells and the kit came from The Stitchin' Post. A friend sent it to me. I have actually almost purchased this pattern myself, twice, but never did. So I was thrilled to finally get it.

It was easy to make and turned out well. The kit included plenty of fabric, the snap and interfacing required. It only took about an hour to make which included tracing and cutting out the pattern pieces. The pattern was clear except it made no mention of when to sew on the snap. This isn't my first little pouch/bag, so it was easy for me to figure out when the snap needed to be sewn on. However, a beginner might need a little guidance on this. I also added an extra little square of interfacing behind the snap sewn to the pocket that the pattern didn't call for. Probably wasn't necessary but definitely doesn't hurt.


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

That is so cute! Love those fabrics. I love those little projects, don't you. Makes me think I've really accomplished something. I bet my granddaughter would like something like that.

Mama Pea said...

What a cute little bag. Good review, too. Thanks for sharing your comments on it!