Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Boy Scout Cinch Sack Backpack

A while ago a friend gifted me some Boy Scout fabric she had leftover from a project. I used two of the fat quarters to make a cinch sack backpack for my son. I made it over the weekend, but didn't finish until yesterday since I had to make a quick stop at my LQS yesterday for the cording.

side one

side two
I let my son choose two of the fat quarters from what I was given. He chose the merit badge print and a green print with red stars. I used the khaki fluer de lis print for the tabs, one of the casings and the lining.

He is going on a field trip this week with his class and needs a small backpack to carry a water bottle and his lunch. He has a very nice rolling backpack that he uses on a daily basis. It doesn't roll that well on dirt and would be cumbersome to deal with where they are going. So he needed something simple and lightweight. I think this will do nicely!


3 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Perfect! What a great use of the fabric!

West Michigan Quilter said...

That looks great. I bet he is thrilled. I'm going to ask my DIL if my grandson would like one.

Mama Pea said...

It's perfect! I know he'll be so excited to use it when he's on his hike!