Thursday, November 7, 2013

Passing On an Addiction

I have a very talented friend/student, Mary Ann. Check out what she made for me!


Thank you so much Mary Ann! I love it!

A few weeks ago I told you that I signed up to do Sue Spargo's BOM for 2014. Mary Ann saw the post and asked if I could order Sue's book, Creative Stitching, for her through the store. The book came in about 2 weeks ago and she has been cranking out some stitched awesomeness. Above is just one example. The flower in the center didn't photograph well, but it is made from bullion stitches. The outside edge is completely beaded.

I've seen a couple of other things she has made too. All are gorgeous! She told me that she was "mad" at me for introducing her to Sue Spargo's work. You are so welcome, Mary Ann!


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

That is awesome. I wish I could make something like that. It is way beyond my skills. You are one lucky to get this stunning piece. Good for you!

Mama Pea said...

Wow! She is going to town! That's a lot of work, but very cool. What a nice gift!