Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Another New Pattern

Last week I was browsing through my Craftsy account. I have had several patterns in my Wish List for a while and decided that it was time to purchase.

One of those patterns is the Flora Needle Book. I already have one of these that was given to me as a gift. Click here to see it. But I wanted to make some to give as gifts. Here is the first one I made.


Oh my goodness! These turn out so stinkin' cute!

And the inside.


It was pretty easy to make. The hand embroidery on the front cover takes the longest, but not terribly long. My plan is to make up my own designs for the front cover on the next ones but I wanted the first one to be just like the pattern.

The pattern is very well written and easy to follow. I had absolutely no trouble making it. It does call for a fabric stiffener which I had to order from Amazon because no where around me carries it. I thought about just skipping that step but I'm glad I didn't. The stiffener helps the felt to conform to the folded book shape nicely and was easy to use.


3 comments:

Barb said...

that is sooo cute!!!

Mama Pea said...

Great job! I made a bunch of these last summer as gifts for my friends at my retreat. Larissa really does a fabulous job writing patterns! I test patterns for her sometimes. It's a pleasure to do so, because she's always so meticulous. I tried that stiffener, too. I was kind of amazed at how well it worked. Did you nuke yours to dry them or let them air dry? When I nuked one of mine once, it burned my fabric. It was really weird.

Sandy H said...

Very cute--great job! I may have to check this pattern out--would be a great way to use up some of those random wool felt scraps I have kicking around...