Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Rose of Sharon Bag, First Side

I will be showing you my progress on this little bag all week. This kind of work takes a lot of time, but I enjoy it. You can read my first post about this page by clicking here.

Here is what the first side looked like before sewing anything down.



Then with the applique done and a little hand stitching for texture on the cotton square. There is also a little bit of outline embroidery done at this point because I got carried away with my stitching and forgot to take a picture first.


And here it is with all the embroidery completed.


Tomorrow I hope to be able to show you process photos and the completed piece for the second side of this bag.


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

How cute. You make everything look easy. I'm glad you will let us follow along and see your progress each day. This should be fun and inspiring!

quilthexle said...

WOW - cool ! Looks really good so far ;-)