Wednesday, April 15, 2015

This is Gonna Take a While

I pulled out this quilt as my next completed top to finish.


The top was completed in December 2012 as a class sample for my former LQS.

I took some time to play around with designs by sketching them in my sketch book. This is the one I chose to quilt on the charcoal gray parts.


This is how it looks stitched out.


It's gonna take me a while to finish up this one, but I'm loving the results. I'm doing this with my Handi Quilter Sweet 16. No rulers, no marking, no stencils, no templates, no stitch regulator, no computer - just little old me. I plan to do this same pattern on all the gray. I have a few other similar designs drawn out in my sketch book. I will probably use one of them for the print fabrics and switch thread color too.


4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow! I can see where that will take some time. But I love the quilting. It is going to be stunning. Eager to see the finished project.

Paula, the quilter said...

NO RULERS? I would be all over the place. Kudos to you!

Gene Black said...

It looks great - but that will take a while!

Mama Pea said...

Love the way you sketch this out. I'm going to have to learn to do that!