Monday, January 9, 2017

Jelly Beads Zipper Bag

Have you heard of Jelly Beads Zippers?


These are fairly new on the market. They include a pattern for this bag.


The zipper creates a pocket that wraps around the whole bag between the exterior and lining. I'll do a couple things differently on the next one I make. First, I will cut the exterior fabric as the pattern directs then insert the zipper and measure the size before cutting the rest of the pieces. On this one I ended up having to cut down the other two pieces. Not a big deal, but I could have saved a little time and fabric. Second, I will add fabric tabs to each end of the zipper before sewing it in. This will make assembling the rest of the bag much easier and make cleaner ends on the zipper.


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

This is interesting. How does it hold up? Was it easy to install? Zippers always give me problems. In the picture, is it just laying across the fabric, or is that the way you sew it into the bag? Like I say, looks interesting.