Monday, February 6, 2017

Churning Fourteen Top Completed

My Churning Fourteen top is completed and hanging at the shop.


For the record, I really love this pattern. I love the different sizes of churn dash blocks. I love the scattered, non-grid layout. I love that it uses fat quarters for the center. I also love the fabrics I used.

Because I'm just not capable of following a pattern completely, I opted to cut my outer border wider than the pattern suggested. I cut my outer border to finish at the same size of the smallest churn dash blocks, which is 3.5". I think it would also look good with an even wider outer border. 

My version with finish at about 58" by 72".

Pattern information is in this post


2 comments:

Gene Black said...

The quilt looks lovely. I completely understand the "not being able to follow a pattern" thing. I almost always make changes or as I like to say "alternative design choices."

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is so pretty. I like the different sizes of the churn dash too.