Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Cake Mix Recipes

Have you heard about Cake Mix Recipes?


These are new from Moda and quite fun to use. Click here to read about them and see a short video about how to they work.

I have been playing with the Cake Mix Recipe 1 and a layer cake of Tula Pink's new fabric line, Tabby Road. The background fabric I'm using is a Grunge, color called Ballet Slipper. It's a pale pink. 

I sewed all the units, pressed them and pulled off the paper (which came off quite easily for me). Then I started playing:






Above are the layouts I tried. I picked one and started sewing but it's not finished yet. I looked down at the units pooling on the floor behind my machine and this is what I saw:


The left is about a third of the way through sewing and the right is when I was finished. I didn't do anything to make them do this. It probably isn't unique or special, but it made me smile.

When I get the top together I'll share it with you so you can see which layout I chose.


1 comment:

Barb said...

Your piecing is amazing....