Thursday, February 9, 2023

Mystery Boxes

 My idea with these boxes is to make them a gift that you purchase for yourself. I think that most of you are like me - you are the gift purchaser for your family, including yourself. It isn't often that you receive a gift and not know ahead of time what it is. Well, this can be one of those rare times when you don't know what you are getting!

I am sold out of all the January Boxes and only have a limited number of February boxes left. If you'd like to purchase a February Mystery Box you can do so by clicking on the following link:

February Mystery Box from Alamosa Quilt Company

The February Box is $49.99 plus applicable tax and shipping. Every month the boxes will be different but all of them will contain a pattern and the fabric to make it (a kit) plus some other goodies.

Now that everyone has their January Box I can share with you what it had in it. My customer/friend, Rose, kindly allowed me to photograph her opening up her January box. I meant to do this BEFORE packing up the last one but forgot!

When you open the box:

first opening the January mystery box

What's inside:

inside of the January mystery box

Everyone got a cute tin. Inside the tin was a pink Frixion marker, a pair of my favorite little embroidery scissors, a small spool of Aurifil thread, and some candy.

goodies included in the January mystery box

Then there was the pattern and fabric. All of the fabric was included for the January project - the fabrics for the front, the fabric for the back and the binding fabric.

January mystery box pattern and fabrics

Rose didn't waste any time starting her new project. She got it completely finished too!

Rose's completed January mystery box project

The February Box will be similar in that it will also contain a pattern and all the fabric required to make it (front, back and binding fabrics) plus some fun goodies. I am going to try very hard to keep the price of these boxes at $49.99 for the entire year. If the pattern makes a larger project then I probably won't be able to include backing fabric too but you are always going to get the fabric for the front and binding. 

In January I made up the boxes as they were ordered because I had plenty of the items available that I was putting in the box. February is a different story. I only have a limited number of these boxes because I purchased items specifically for them and was only able to get a limited number of some things. So if you are interested in getting a fun surprise in the mail from me you need to order soon. You can order through February 14, 2023. I will remove the item from the online shop at 5pm (USA Mountain Time) on February 14, 2023. The boxes will be mailed out on February 15, 2023 or available for pick-up at the shop starting at 10am on February 15, 2023.

You can order these boxes yourself every month or pick and choose which months you participate. Or you can let me know that you want the box every month and I'll just charge your card on file on the 14th of each month before shipping it out to you.




No comments: