Monday, June 24, 2024

Potato Chip Block (Variation 2) Sew Along :: My Blocks are Done!

 Things have settled down a bit for the moment with the POS switch. As with so many things, there is a lot of "hurry up and wait" with this. Since I didn't have to focus so much on the POS project last week I was able to get my blocks done.

12 Completed Potato Chip Blocks, variation 2

This week I will try to do the sashing I have planned and write up the instructions for that so that you can finish yours just like mine if you want to. If you don't, it won't hurt my feelings at all. It's YOUR quilt and you should feel free to finish it anyway you like.

Get busy making your blocks. The deadline for having them done in time to enter my contest is fast approaching. On Friday of this week, specifically June 28, 2024, I will release the instructions for how to enter the contest and you will have several days to enter. The prize is a big bag of scraps from my shop. We don't save tiny pieces. Most scrap pieces are 3" by 9" or larger. I will be making up this bag specifically for the winner and won't put anything smaller than 3" by 9" in the bag. I will fill a 10" by 13" ziplock bag as full as I can and still zip it shut, which will hold quite a lot (about 4-5 yards).

Again, anyone anywhere is welcome to enter and there is no purchase of anything required. If you live in the US and your name is drawn then I will mail you a bag of scraps for free or if you are local you can just come pick it up. If you live outside the US, I will email you a PDF copy of a pattern. You will get one entry for every block you have made. So you need to take a photo similar to what I did. I need to be able to clearly see how many blocks you have made in the photo. And I only want ONE photo, so all of your blocks need to be neatly laid out in ONE photo.



No comments: