Thursday, April 7, 2011

Expo Purchases

I had a nice time on Saturday at the Quilt and Stitch Expo in Pueblo. We sold a little over 200 tickets for the weekend. Not as many as I would have liked, but about the same as the other guilds with raffle quilts displayed. There were 7 guilds selling raffle tickets on quilts and most people started at one end and just went down the line buying one ticket from each guild. A few looked over all the quilts and then just bought tickets on the quilts they liked, but most just bought one from each guild.

So what did I buy? For starters I bought no fabric. Yep, you read that correctly, not a single fat quarter came home with me. I did get some beads.


A stiletto with hand made handle.


And two feet for my Featherweight - a good 1/4" foot and a walking foot.


The stiletto, walking foot and 1/4" foot were all on my shopping list for the show. The bead booth, Bead Ranch, was too sparkly to pass up and I spent about 20 minutes deciding what to purchase. There were lots of wonderful fabrics to choose from, but the truth is that I already have lots of wonderful fabrics in my stash. I really need to start using them!

It was a long day, but a fun one.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Good fabric self control. Gotta get me some of that! Love your beads. I have a stiletto kind of like that...Birdseye maple. Love it. Hope you love yours.