Friday, April 8, 2011

UFO Bust Report

I did get all the paper removed from the wedges at the Expo last Saturday while selling raffle tickets! Here are the wedges on my design wall waiting to be sewn.


I got so excited seeing them on the design wall that I just had to sew them together! I added the borders first then sewed the wedges together.


I realized that one of the reasons I had not finished this yet is that the pattern calls for it to finish as an octagon. I don't know about you, but I really didn't want an octagon quilt. It is suppose to be a wall hanging, but still ... all I could think about was that I didn't want a fancy STOP sign hanging on my wall. So I added triangles to the corners to make it square. Right now, it is about 30" square. I am surprised at how much I like this now. I could add more borders, possibly with some words, but I have other projects that are higher priority at the moment. Projects with looming deadlines. So for the time being, I am enjoying having it on my design wall and thinking about whether or not this is done or needs more borders.

9 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your wall hanging is beautiful. I love your colors. Thirty inches is a good size. I'm like you, I would have made it square too. Where are you going to hang it?

Linda said...

So striking!! Wow! You did such a beautiful job on the piecing!!

Mama Pea said...

I really like it, Lynn! The borders you added are great, and I really like the dark triangle sides. It is so stunning!

quilthexle said...

I absolutely agree about making this one a square! Maybe adding one more border would be an idea? Just to pull it together? The colours are lovely - very bright and cheery ;-))

Tammy said...

It's so beautiful!

LOL @ "stop sign". :D

Deb said...

I like it with the added triangles on the corner, and I was going to suggest one more border, too, as another commenter did--just seems it would put a finishing touch on it. Great job on this one!

Deanna said...

Oh. My. Heavens. What a quilt!

Deanna said...

Oh. My. Heavens. What a quilt!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

WOW! Just WOW! That's gorgeous. I like that you decided to make it a square. I'm with you. Quilts should have right angles at their corners.