Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Non-Pattern Pattern Block

I've been a follower of The Silly BooDilly blog for a while. Victoria does amazing work! She has written a few articles for Quilting Arts magazine, has an etsy shop, a flickr account and some embroidery patterns published in a two different books. Just browse the right hand side of her blog for links and information about all of her work. Definitely check out her Work Quilts series! These are what first introduced me to her work. If you haven't checked out her blog, you definitely need to click the link and check it out!

Recently she posted that she was thinking about writing a pattern for the Slumbering Spring quilt she blogged about. She started writing up the pattern, read this post for that, but then came up the with idea for a non-pattern pattern. And oh my! This is what sent me over the edge, so to speak. I literally could not stop thinking about this idea. On Friday afternoon, despite having a million other things I really needed to be doing, I just had to make one of these blocks using Victoria's idea. Here is what I made.


I totally love this block and Victoria's method for creating it. I'm currently trying to decide whether or not this block needs "friends" to make it larger or if this one is done. I will definitely be experimenting some more with this idea though. Thank you so much Victoria for your generosity in sharing this idea!

Stephanie posted her March challenge project late last night. Click here to go see what she made. See my previous post for what I made.

4 comments:

Mary Keasler said...

OH MY that is wonderful. I love Victoria's pieces and her new process. You have done a great job with her process. She will be proud of you. Can't wait to see which way you decide to go with it.

Victoria said...

Mary is right, I am proud of you! What you are doing is exactly what I had hoped people would be inspired to do... take the steps and run with it! I find your interpretation on this totally inspiring and I thank you!!

Mama Pea said...

I posted a long comment with my iPad but I don't know where it went! Sorry! I love this! How wonderful and right in line with what we are doing!

pegcollins said...

Looks like something we could try at Silly Sisters. love Vivtoria's final piece, using each color as the base. very cool!