Friday, April 1, 2011

UFO Busting and Pre-UFO Busting

I made a little progress on my Tutti Frutti quilt from the Gail Garber class I took years ago.


I got the geese sewn to the triangles. Now I have to remove the paper before continuing. I decided not to spend my limited sewing time removing paper. I am taking this with me on Saturday to Pueblo. I'm going to the Quilt and Stitch Expo. I'm in charge of my guild raffle quilt on Saturday and selling tickets (lots I hope) to the expo attendees. I'll also do a bit of shopping. I figure I can rip off paper while sitting at our table selling tickets. I've packed these up in a bag along with a little trash bag so there isn't a pile of paper bits on the floor underneath my chair.

Have I shown you my guild's raffle quilt for this year? I don't think I have.


Tickets are $1 each or 6 tickets for $5. It is a generous queen size.

I'm trying to get these charity tops I pieced recently quilted up before they become UFOs. The first one is done complete with the scrappy binding I made up recently.


I tried a new-to-me quilting motif on this one.


Kind of a square spiral. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself!

And look at this little furry queen:


Doesn't she look cozy all tucked in?!

6 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I hate removing paper from blocks. No fun. Your guild's quilt is beautiful. Hope y'all sell a zillion tickets.

Deb said...

Great idea, Lynn, to save your sewing time for sewing! Hope you have a fun day and get all the tearing paper pieces done. At least you had some progress...me? None this week because I was out of town.

Julie S said...

That is a gorgeous raffle quilt!Good job working on that ufo!

Melissa ;-) said...

What a great quilt! Whomever wins that will be getting a true prize!

Mama Pea said...

The raffle quilt looks great! I love your idea of taking that ripping project to do while you sit at the table. That's a perfect project for that activity! Your new quilting motif looks super! Great job. Sell lots and lots of tickets!

Grace said...

the quilts are so beautiful. I love the quilting on yours, best wishes for the expo!