Thursday, April 28, 2011

Today's project - mermaid tails

Among other things, I'm making mermaid tails today. I made one a few weeks ago. Go here to see it. Earlier this week I found some green fitted sheets at the local thrift store. I washed them this morning and then began cutting. I cut the elastic off and then the serged corner seams.

This mint green fabric will be the boy tail, for King Triton. I got six tails out of a dark green full size fitted sheet for girl tails.

All the tails need the netting attached and then I'll add some embellishments, like the eyelash yarn from my previous post about this project.

While I'm working on these I'm thinking about my non-pattern pattern blocks project. I've rearranged the blocks and pinned back some of the sashing. I like this better.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Both projects look just great! Great job, Lynn. You're so amazing to do that for your school!