Monday, May 2, 2011

Mermaid Tails Finished

Whew! I am finally finished with the mermaid tails for my son's class production of The Little Mermaid.

I made eight. This one is for King Triton.

This one is for Ariel.

Then there are six of these for the other mermaids.

These have ties to be tied around the waist of each child. I made them using a sheet as the base fabric and for the ties. I sewed four layers of a plastic tulle-like material to the fabric base. Over this I draped eyelash yarn and attached it along the sides of the tails, on the previous stitching line. I'll be taking these to school with me this afternoon when I volunteer in my son's class. I hope they like them!

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

They're going to love them because they are very cool! They are going to love wearing them! How awesome of you to do that for them! You'll have to tell us how the production turns out. I hope their parents will let you post some photos of the kids wearing their costumes!