Monday, May 30, 2011

Work in Progress

I finished quilting the third block in my non-pattern pattern block piece.


And I'm almost finished quilting the fourth!


I need some quilting in the center vertical bit and the pieced horizontal bit in the bottom right. Then I must make a decision about how I will quilt the borders.

Quilting this project is the only sewing I have done in the last few days. On Saturday we just hung out around the house and I went to the garden center and bought some herbs, tomatoes and a few flowers for pots. It has been so windy though that I haven't planted anything yet. It is still windy today and the forecast is calling for a low of 23 F tonight! Tomorrow looks better though so my plan for today is to make sure I get everything I need (potting soil) so I can plant tomorrow.

On Sunday we surprised the boy and took him to a movie. He was given a choice between Kung Fu Panda 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean 4. I was sure he would choose to see Jack Sparrow since his party last week was pirate themed, but he didn't. Kung Fu Panda was good!

Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Melissa ;-) said...

Lynn, I love your wonky blocks!