Friday, May 6, 2011

UFO Bust Report - No progress

My progress on UFOs has slowed dramatically with the end of the semester and looming deadlines for other projects. I finished the mermaid tails this week which was the most urgent.

Yesterday was a somewhat "free" day for me, but I had a terrible sinus headache. One of those headaches that lingers for days. It seems to be better this morning, but not completely gone. Anyway, I wanted to sew but with such a bad headache I didn't want to do anything that required a lot of thought.

First I made another Morsbag. Trying to follow their mission of using recycled materials for the bag, I used an old sheet, left over from the mermaid tails, as a foundation and pieced scraps of fabrics left over from other tote bag projects. It took a little longer to make, but I like it.

 Side one

Side Two

If you want to make a Morsbag too, click on the link to go to their homepage , then "make one" on their homepage. The pattern is super simple and makes a nice bag.

Next, I had some scraps left over from my current art group project so I also made a little pin cushion.


It measures about 3.75" square. For my next guild retreat we are going to have a pin cushion exchange. I've been looking through magazines, books and blogs trying to find a cute pin cushion to make. There are tons of great ones, but I think this one says "Lynn" in a way no others will.


4 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love your bags and the sweet little pincushion. I hope your headache is gone soon. Take care.

Linda said...

Love the bag!! It's very cool!!

Mama Pea said...

The bag is cute. The pincushion totally says "Lynn!". I have nothing to report either. Sorry you are still not well. Hope that clears up soon. Good luck closing out the semester!

Deb said...

Yes, the bags are great! I'm behind mucho on UFO and hope Susan doesn't kick me off the team! :) Hope you're feeling better.