Monday, May 23, 2011

Untitled

Today is the last day of school for my son. I'm never sure when I will be able to sew in the summer time, so posts from me might be more irregular until school starts back in late August.

Currently I'm trying to get my non-pattern pattern quilt quilted. I started by quilting in the ditch to stabilize everything. Now I am going back and filling in. I've got two blocks quilted so far.



In general I have no idea how I will quilt each section. I just pick one to work on and do whatever occurs to me at the moment. For the smaller sections there aren't many options so I usually do those first. Here's what it looks like so far.


I'm still trying to decide on a title for this piece. The last time I asked it was suggested that the title incorporate the word "fractured" in some way. "Fractured landscape", "fractured lives", ... This got me thinking about "fissures." Maybe "fissures of time". I don't know. I'm still cogitating. I've still got many more hours of stitching to do on this project, which also means lots of time left to come up with a title.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I really, really love this piece and I am voting for "fissures of time" for the name. Love the quilting, the colors, the design, just love it.
Hope you have lots of time this summer to continue producing more beautiful pieces.

Barb said...

I love the colors....what a fun quilt!

Linda said...

Looking good, Lynn!!

quilthexle said...

Wow - what a cool quilt! I love how you approach your quilting - to me, that's so relaxing and so much fun. And I too am eager to see more of this made by you ;-))

Mama Pea said...

I like "Fissures of Time." As you say, keep quilting it...it will name itself. Maybe it already has! :-)