Thursday, May 5, 2011

Non Pattern Pattern Mini Quilt

I took out the part of the binding that my walking foot leaked oil on (you can read about that incident here) and finished up my mini quilt this morning. I also ordered a new walking foot for my machine.



It measures about 11" by 14". I decided not to square up all of the sides. Opting to go with the more natural wonky edge of the block. I wasn't sure how this would work with traditional straight grain binding, but it turned out fine.

I really like this little quilt and the non pattern pattern block idea. You can read my previous two posts about this quilt here #1 and here #2. Again, this is an original idea from Victoria at The Silly BooDilly. Links to her first post about this idea can be found by following the "here #1" link.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

It looks AWESOME! i love the quilting. Darn your walking foot for giving you trouble like that! Mine is worn out and needs to be replaced... darn all the lame walking feet!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love how your quilt turned out. I kind of like that wonky unsquared look. Are you using it as a wallhanging?

Mama Pea said...

It really turned out great! I really like the non-straightened edge. You always inspire me!

Barb said...

It was so fun watching this quilt come to be...

Victoria said...

Love it! The colors are super, the hand quilting is great, and the uneven boarder just adds to the fun of this! Yay!!!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I LIKE IT!