Monday, August 24, 2009

Funky Santa

This quilt top has been hanging on my design wall for several months. It started with a pre-printed panel and a few coordinating fabrics that I bought at our guild retreat last November. For Thanksgiving last year we went to Albuquerque and I visited a few quilt shops with my mom. One of them had lots more fabrics from the line and as you can see I bought just about some of each. They sat in a nice pile in my sewing room for a few months. About May I decided to finally do something with them and this is the result, thus far. Most of the appliques are just pinned to the top right now. I think that I want to sew them down as part of the quilting. I just need time to get the layers basted and start. School starts today for my husband and I and tomorrow for Parker. Hopefully once I get into a school year routine I will be able to finish this in time to have it hanging in our dining room by December. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: