Monday, August 2, 2010

Pick a Pocket Purse

Last week I whipped up this little purse/tote.


It is called the Pick A Pocket Purse and I got the pattern here. It was easy to make and didn't take very long. I've made another one already but I don't have a photo of it yet. I used it on our trip last weekend! I modified the pattern to make the handles longer and added interior pockets.

I have a gift occasion coming up and I am thinking about making one of these to give and fill it with some goodies. The gift is not for a specific person and I always find that type of situation hardest to make/purchase for. My strategy is to do something that I would like to receive and hope that someone else in the group will have similar tastes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors Lynn on your tote here.

Melissa ;-) said...

I saw that pattern when it came out and downloaded it to make it, too! Haven't gotten to it yet, but yours turned out so nice that I just might have to get on it! I like longer handles, too. And of course you have to have inside pockets!

Stephanie in Michigan said...

Great job on this! I am like you...I like to make things to have a gift on hand but have a hard time picking out the fabric without someone in mind. I try to make something I'd like, too, but then I usually want to keep it. What a dilemma! ha ha

KaHolly said...

I also downloaded & printed off this pattern. I sits on my craft counter to remind me to finish up what I've got started so I can make it next! Glad to see your version! ~karen