Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Recent Shopping

I made a couple of purchases recently I thought I'd share with you. First I bought one of the ultimate machine quilting packages from Leah Day at Day Style Designs.


I have the original slider, but this is the Supreme slider. It has a self sticking bottom so that it will stay put without having to tape it down. My original slider works well but having to remove the tape every time I change a bobbin is getting old. And it has gotten a bit bent up over the years from regular use. I also already have a pair of Machingers gloves, but I thought having two would be nice. I have never tried the magic bobbin washers but others say they are great. I've been wanting to try them to see what all the fuss is about. I'll let you know.

My second recent purchase was thread.


After my recent machine quilting nightmare with the YLI variegated thread, I decided to try Signature variegated thread based on recommendations from friends. Again, I'll let you know. I also bought two spools of Aurifil in fun colors. I'm in LOVE with the turquoise. The photo above does not do it justice. Have you ever gotten thread you loved so much you designed a project just so you could use it? I've got to come up with some project to use this turquoise thread on! The green is also wonderful, but it is a replacement spool. I already have some of the green but used most of it. It is such a good color for me that I just bought another spool to have on hand.

Finally, it is snowing here today. Goldie is sitting in the window trying to catch snow flakes!


Silly girl! One photo can't capture the frequent head turning and little meowy growls she is making.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I have that slider. Love it. I think two pairs of gloves is a good idea. I've been thinking about the bobbin washers. Let me know what you think of them. Anxious to hear how you like your thread. I really LOVE Aurifil. Still haven't tried my Signature. The colors are just great! The turquoise and green are just YOU. Your cat is so cute. I do like her very much!

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

That is a great photograph!