Thursday, October 22, 2015

Another Metro Rings Update

I was going to wait to post about this again until I had the whole top together. But I'm so excited about how this is turning out that I had to take another photo for you. Besides, I didn't have anything else to show you today.



The top is almost finished. I had to clean off my design wall so I could get the whole thing up. At this stage the blocks are sewn into fours. I should have the top finished by the end of the day today. It will be a store sample at Kathy's Fabric Trunk so I will not be quilting it until it has done it's duty at her shop.

As you can see, I went with option #1 from my previous post about this quilt. The two grays I'm using are both Kona solids. The light is Ash and the darker is Medium Gray.

I also thought I would show you our autumn crop of potted cat.


Just one has come up thus far.


1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Lynn, you've inspired me! I, too, love the Quick Curve Ruler and have wanted to make this quilt. A friend bought the For You line to make 6 (yes, 6!) quilts for her daughter's bridesmaids and I fell in love with the line. After seeing yours, I got myself a Jelly Roll of For You to make my own Metro Rings - hope you don't mind!