Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Wild & Goosey

I seem to be in a flying geese phase. At least these geese are larger than the last ones I made!

I am putting together a flying geese sampler block of the month for my scrap group. One of the blocks we will do is the Wild & Goosey block. Here is my first unit:


These units finish at 3" and are paper pieced. The pattern is by Bonnie Hunter. You can download the paper piecing pattern and print them out four per sheet.


I pulled out my packet of Carol Doak printer-ready paper piecing paper and printed out a few sheets.

All of the information for this pattern can be found by clicking this link which will take you to Bonnie's website.

Click here for the link to print out the paper piecing patterns, it's the last one listed on this page.

I'd love to make a whole quilt with these blocks but we'll see how far I get. A couple of blocks may be enough for me.

For future reference for me: the light triangles are 2" squares cut on the diagonal (3 squares per unit); the geese are 2.5" squares cut on the diagonal (5 geese triangles per unit); the side triangles are 3" squares cut on the diagonal (1 square per unit).


2 comments:

Barb said...

When I saw the picture I thought, how did she get them so perfect...now I know paper piecing. Great job!

Mama Pea said...

As I suspected...those are tiny!