Friday, February 25, 2022

Customer Show and Tell, Part 2

 The first full week of February I had an online BlowOut Event in the online section of my shop. Everyone who made a purchase during the event received a free gift. Vasha wasted no time in turning her free gift into a finished project!

Vasha's Alamosa Quilt Company bag

Seriously, she received her package on a Monday and sent me this photo on Thursday of the same week! She received the pattern and fabric license plate as her free gift. All of the fabric was from her stash. 

Michele is one of my wool applique and hand embroidery customers. She came into the shop a few weeks ago with this idea to make a dog portrait. She wanted to use wool for the dog and I think she already had enough wool in the right colors. What she needed was a background fabric and to talk about how to finish her piece.

Michele's dog portrait

I showed her a few background fabric ideas and you can see the one she chose. This fabric is white with all of the embroidery shapes already printed on the fabric. She just stitched over the printed lines then put her dog portrait on top. She found a nice shadowbox frame with mat somewhere and finished it this way. Honestly, this turned out so much better than I imagined in my head when we were talking. Michele does beautiful work, but this is just so dang creative and adorable!



No comments: