My crocheted rug experiment was successful!
This is the entire 8 1/3 yards of fabric I cut up and processed to crochet. It finished at 24" by 30". It's surprisingly cushiony and soft.
I wanted to see how it would wash up so I washed it and dried it in my machines. It's now even softer, still cushiony and measures 22" by 31". I find it interesting that it shrank in one direction but grew in the other!
I'm already planning my next one, but first I need to order myself a nicer crochet hook. The one I got is fine, but I found it hard on my hand due to it just being a hard piece of plastic. I've found one with a cushioned handle that I think will work better for me.