Thursday, March 31, 2011

Charity Quilts, Stuffed Animals and a real animal

Every year in March my guild donates the quilts we have made and the stuffed animals we have collected throughout the year to the Victim's Advocates department at our local Sheriff's department. Last Tuesday was "the day" for this year.


This is 49 quilts and 400 stuffed animals. All the quilts are laid out but we only got out a few of the animals for the picture.

The guild actually made more donation quilts over the year than 49. We also give quilts to the hospital for the new babies and the chemo. department, the dialysis center and other groups with a need. For these other groups we give the quilts every couple of months instead of waiting. So I do not know how many donation quilts total we made this past year.

A kitty photo from this week:


Goldie has curly whiskers! I have never seen a cat with curly whiskers. She looks rather contrite in this photo. She was posing for me.

2 comments:

Barb said...

What an awesome sight....and wonderful thing to do!

Mama Pea said...

That's great. My guild makes little quilts to match a stuffed animal, and they gather them up at Christmas time. I missed that guild meeting, so I didn't see how we did. You guys did great! I tell ya', Goldie is a real sweetie.