Friday, June 3, 2011

UFO Bust Report

I started quilting Mom's Mystery Quilt UFO.


I've stitched in the ditch around all the blocks and the center portion of the quilt. I decided to try stitching in the ditch with my free motion foot instead of the walking foot. It worked out just fine. I got some practice following a line and I didn't have to worry about getting any puckers when crossing over previous quilting lines.

In case you don't remember what this one looks like, here is an old photo of most of the quilt shortly after it was basted.


You can head over to Blackberry Creek Home Arts to see what the other busters have accomplished (or not) this week.

I have also made slow but steady progress on quilting my fractured blocks ( or non-pattern pattern blocks).


The inside is all quilted. I just want to go around the outside a few more times with stitching. Then all that will be left is binding, label and sleeve.

2 comments:

Barbara Anne said...

Hi Lynn,

Applause!! I'm so impressed by your bravery in machine quilting yourself. Way to go!! I love your mother's quilt and those blocks surrounding the stars make such a lovely pattern.

Your free-form blocks are wonderful and are looking good with the quilting you're doing.

I finally had a bit of UFO progress that was kindly posted by Susan.

Cheers!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Good progress, Lynn. I remember that mystery quilt challenge a few years ago--although I didn't participate.