Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Charity Quilt Finish

I'm finishing up things this week. I made three of these charity tops a few months ago. I finished the third one over the weekend.


I found a piece of flannel in my stash that was just the right size for the back.


I quilted this with a large zig zag. I wanted to try something new. It turned out pretty well.


I didn't mark anything. I did one zig zag along each row of the quilt and then one zig zag in between each row.

This is a very simple charity quilt pattern. The squares are 4" (unfinished) and the rectangles are 4" by 6" (unfinished). You need 48 of each. Sew a square to a rectangle then piece these together using the above photos as a guide. This is a great Leader and Ender project.

8 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

They look wonderfully cozy.

Carolyn

Barb said...

Oh, your quilt turned out wonderfully!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. Looks cozy. Like the way the blocks are off set.

Denise in PA said...

What a great pattern for a simple quilt! I'll remember this one!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh now that does look like easy quilting. I like the affect it has. I also like that red - not too bright and really makes the quilt fun.

Deborah said...

I really like this pattern and the quilting is a perfect design. Great job!
Hugs, Deborah

Deanna said...

Nice! I like the quilting and may "borrow" the idea.

Mama Pea said...

Again, you amaze me with how much you get done and how much you do for good causes. Sigh....