Monday, October 17, 2011

Today's post is brought to by the letters P, F & E

I have finally decided on an ornament for this year. Below is my first "test" ornament.


I've decided that I like it and have begun making the "real" ones.


They go together pretty fast. I'll do a little stitching on each one before adding a hanger and backing. I'm using Word Play Quilts by Tonya Ricucci to make the letters. These are finishing at about 3.5" by 4".

Edited to add: Here is my Modern Monday block for last week. The weather was so crappy this morning I couldn't get a good picture. The sun is out now though.


 
Hop over to Forty Two Quilts to see the block for this week. And then go see Caroll's blocks at Attic Window Quilt Shop blog.

5 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

Very original and very "quilty"!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Now, Lynn. Those are cute, but where is your Modern block? I linked to you telling my readers to go see yours. Did you forget it is Monday? Giggle ;o)

West Michigan Quilter said...

Oh, I love your block. That center is darling. Is from one of those new fabrics? Your blocks are looking great together.

Mama Pea said...

Luvin' that churndash block. Always a favorite for me anyway. Love your ornaments, too. I can't wait til I have time to do some wordplay myself. I still have in mind that quilt of SP's drawing I want to do. :-)

Tonya Ricucci said...

all wonderful! I might just have to use that idea for Christmas ornaments too!