Friday, February 17, 2012

To Do List Progress

I have a finish this week! I attached our little 12" by 12" quilts to their quilted background and got the sleeve sewn onto the back.


By "our" I mean my art group, the Sew Silly Sisters. We haven't decided on a name for this yet but I'm calling it Scrap Basket Surprise at the moment. These were made using fabrics from our scraps. We brought our scraps to a meeting, then pulled fabrics that we liked from everyone's bags and divided them up as evenly as possible between us. Our instructions were to use only these fabrics and make a 12" by 12" finished size piece using any of the methods we had played with over the last year.

9 comments:

Louise Crenshaw said...

I think this is just wonderful!

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a great idea. I love how the quilt turned out. I love "making fabric" like this.

Linda in Calif. said...

This is actually quite pretty. I really like it!!

Barbara Anne said...

What a great scrappy, gloriously happy quilt you Sew Silly Sisters have made together!! I loved the close up view that was possible, too.

Well done and applause to all!

Cheers!

Deb said...

I love wild colorful things like this. Great job!

Mama Pea said...

Neat. I like the colors and the randomness of the design. The black sashing really looks good.

Denise in PA said...

I think Scrap Basket Surprise is a perfect name! It is such a colorful quilt -and I love those little stars!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh my goodness! It's absolutely gorgeous! You know I love all those happy colors. And the designs are fun too.

Catskill Quilter said...

Pretty amazing quilt! The colors are wonderful, and great creativity in making the blocks!