Monday, February 4, 2013

Sue Spargo Ornaments - Finished!

I'm thrilled by how well these turned out!


And a shot of the backs.


I opted to simply blanket stitch around the two pieces to hold them together and incorporated the hanging loop into the blanket stitch process. By that I mean that I left about a 6" tail at the beginning, stitched all the way around, tied the two ends together with a double knot then knotted the ends to make the loop.

Since I've already put all of my Christmas stuff away, (and I don't want to get it back out just to put these away) I'm going to hang these in my sewing room until I put our tree up in December.


4 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Great job - these are fabulous! What a nice addition to your Christmas decorations!

West Michigan Quilter said...

You should be thrilled. They are wonderful! I found my little birdie one that I made but never finished. Now you have inspired me to get it done.

Mama Pea said...

They turned out just great! Love them! You should be so pleased. And Elsa keeps the ornament you gave her hanging in her room all year. We love it!

Linda said...

Love your wooly ornaments! Sue has a distinctive style and it is gorgeous!