Thursday, June 6, 2013

Randomness

With summer upon us, I'm finding it harder to stick to a regular posting schedule. I usually try to write posts a day or two ahead, then schedule them to post first thing in the morning. That doesn't seem to be happening. I am going to stop worrying about it.

I did some inventory recently. I have 11 quilt tops finished waiting to be quilted!


I need to do more quilting and less piecing for a while.

Edited to add: Ugh! Just found a 12th!

~~~~~~~~~

Having said that, I made a nice stack of four patches and half square triangles for my next Scrap Group meeting later this month.


The half-square triangles need to be trimmed and I can tell from the stack sizes that I need to make more four patches. I'm not counting at this, just making. If they don't get used for this months project, they will get used later for something else.

~~~~~~~~~

I am in the process of getting show forms filled out and turned in for my guild show. You can see the forms on the bottom left of the first photo in this post. The tape measure is next to the forms because the form requires measurements for each quilt. The show is the last full weekend in June, which is June 28, 29 & 30th this year. In addition, my LQS does a show every summer around July 4th. I need to finish one or two of those quilts in the pile for it. I have my quilts finished for the guild show.

~~~~~~~~~

I have started my next art group 12" by 12" project. The theme this time is "Spring" and the required technique is "stamping". I stamped some petals recently.


The plan is the put fusible on the back, cut them out and arrange them artfully on a background to form a flower. It looks stunning in my mind's eye. Time will tell how it looks in real life.


1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

I will probably never get back to regularity again, with my new position. So, irregularity will probably become my new norm. :-( It will have to do. Looks like you have some fun stuff going on. My sewing room is so crowded with stuff right now, I can barely move. I was about ready to pull everything out of it today and purge 80% of it!