Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Scrap Jar Stars

My Scrap Group is meeting again today at my LQS. I finished the project from last month.


Above is Scrap Jar Stars. The link will take you to the tutorial I used to make the quilt. Mine measures 45" by 60". Unlike the tutorial, I sashed each block which creates a nice secondary pattern. I quilted it simply with an all-over meander using white thread. The binding is some really ugly fabric from my stash. The binding is so narrow that you can't tell that it is ugly fabric. Perfect!

I love the back of this one.


The hearts is an IKEA print I won in a giveaway. The dots were purchased from eQuilter.com a year or two ago. They go so well together that they could have been companion prints.

I don't normally put sleeves on charity quilts but this one will spend some time as a shop sample before going to charity. Thus it needed a sleeve.


4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your scrappy stars. Your quilt turned out lovely and I like the binding even if it is with ugly fabric. LOL Can you tell me more about how you did that sashing on each block? I think I'll want to do that to mine too.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is really pretty - so cute and colorful.

Mama Pea said...

Shut up! I love this! Wow, it's so awesome! Great project for your group. And, no, the binding does not look ugly! Well done, my friend!

quilthexle said...

What a lovely quilt ! Love the back, too ;-))