Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Long Overdue Project

I have been putting off recovering my ironing table for over a year. I knew it would take several hours of my precious sewing time to complete the project and I was right. It took me all afternoon yesterday to remove and recover my ironing table.

The old cover was torn, scorched, too cushy and had developed a sticky residue in places.

Before:



After:



It wasn't a fun project but it is nice to have a new surface for ironing. It is also nice to regain the storage space the materials were taking up in my sewing room. I'm sure I will quickly find something to fill the shelf space this created. Unfortunately, I don't have to look further than the floor.


3 comments:

Vivian said...

These projects aren't the most elegant or fun, but they're necessary and your results look great. What would we do without our big boards? They're definitely multi-purpose, like providing cover for supplies. :)

West Michigan Quilter said...

Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. I wish I had a big board like that. I asked my son to make me one, but you know how that goes.

Denise in PA said...

I have a bunch of projects like that too. I'm loathe to take away from my precious quilting time to do them, but it always feels so good when it's done!! Great job!