Thursday, April 10, 2014

Time to Get Busy

After completing my first of the remaining applique blocks for the commissioned Christmas quilt I'm doing (see this post and this post), I realized that I really need to invest in some thread for this project. So I got out my new Aurifil thread card, the remaining fabric kits for the blocks and placed an order. My order arrived earlier this week.


That is 25 small spools of thread. Here they are all lined up for a group photo.


Now it is time to get busy tracing, cutting and stitching.


And I can go back and fix a couple of the pieces on the snowman that I wasn't happy with. I know it isn't noticeable in the photo, but after living with it for a couple of weeks I'm not happy with a few of the thread colors I used on him and I need to fix it. My applique skills aren't good enough to hide the fact that I didn't have the correct color thread for stitching on those pieces. It won't take me long to remove and redo, then I can do the embroidery and finish him up.


1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

That is a lot of thread! What fun to place that order. I'm going to backtrack through your blog now and see what you're up to. Sorry I have not been by in so long, friend. I have missed you!