Monday, July 28, 2014

My Baby Quilt

My LQS is having a Baby Quilt Show. I needed a photo of a baby quilt to advertise the show so I dug out this quilt.


My mom did the embroidery while she was in college. Her mom and a friend assembled the blocks into a quilt and finished it. Then mailed it to me in Hawaii when I was born. The quilt was never really used except as a decoration so it is still in great shape. It is a treasure!

Changing the subject, Miss Spooky Boo is finally starting to feel better. She started eating some and drinking last Friday, the day after our trip to the vet. Up until yesterday she was still sleeping all but an hour or so a day. Yesterday she went out several times and even disappeared for a couple of hours. Shew! She sure had me worried! We still have quite a few days left of daily antibiotic. Hopefully it will kill what is ailing her.


3 comments:

lindamid said...

what a wonderful baby quilt. Thanks to H & H for having this quilt contest. I have a baby quilt that has needed the hand work on the binding sitting in the UFO pile for 3 years. Kerry had a class on using the embroidery module to quilt. Now I have a purpose to finish it. will bring it in.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Cute quilt! Love the idea of a contest.

Denise in PA said...

So great that you have this quilt! It's so sweet. So glad that Miss Spooky is feeling better!