Friday, January 23, 2015

A Friday Finish :: Scrappy Log Cabin

It's done and already hanging in my dining room.


I quilted it simply with just lines. They aren't straight lines and they aren't evenly spaced. Many of the logs are not straight or square and they aren't all one size so I didn't want the quilting to be too precise.

We had fresh snow so I decided to try laying the quilt on the snow for a photograph. I prefer the straight on shot but it turned out okay.



I wish I had a way to get up higher so I could take a better picture with the quilt laying on the ground. I'd have to drag out a ladder, which isn't going to happen, so I will stick with clipping quilts to the fence for now.

On Wednesday my scrap group met. We were a smaller group because of the weather and the crud that is going around this area right now, but we had a great time. It was nice to get out of the house and go sew with friends! I taught them how to do this quilt. So I made another block and turned it into a second pillow.


You can see the first pillow if you click on the link: first pillow. As you can see in that post (if you clicked the link), I quilted the first pillow with straight lines using my walking foot. For this second pillow I used one of the stitches on my machine and quilted wavy lines, still using the walking foot. I like them both. It is nice that they are essentially the same but they aren't perfect matches.


8 comments:

AnnieQuilts said...

Great idea using a machine stitch for the wavy lines. I'm going to try that on a pillow.

SewPsyched! said...

Wow!! Such a gorgeous quilt and I love that pillow!!
i have so many scraps piling up, this would be a great way to use them!

JanineMarie said...

This quilt is so neat. I like the log cabins, but I especially like the way you did the borders.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Super work! Colourful and interesting to look at!

cgwehrman said...

I love this quilt!

Laura said...

Scrappy quilts are my favorites! Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. You have inspired me to try that quilting on my pink strippy quilt. Your pillow is so cute too. Wish i had a stitch like that on my machine.

Anonymous said...

Amazing, wonderful, fun quilt! Love it, love it, love it!