Thursday, June 25, 2015

Starting Something New: Stacks

Yesterday I taught a class at Kathy's Fabric Trunk and came home with a new project.


Kathy's birthday is in August. She has a folder of free patterns to choose from, all requiring fat quarters and a background fabric. You choose a pattern, make the quilt, and turn it in before August 15th (I think that's the deadline). The quilts hang for her birthday celebration and the makers are entered into a drawing.

The pattern I chose is called Stacks. When I got home yesterday afternoon I pulled out a few fabric bins that hold collections. I decided to use the above fabrics from one of my favorite collections. I just love the intense colors. I thought about using scraps, but decided that it would be faster, and more enjoyable, to just follow the directions rather than having to figure out how to make my scraps work. Sometimes it is better to trust the pattern writer and just enjoy the process rather than reinvent the pattern.

I am still tidying too, but can't do it for long periods of time. Click here to read about my tidying adventure; it's the second part of this post.


2 comments:

Salmagundi said...

Love your 'stack' of fabric. Sally

West Michigan Quilter said...

Ohoo, love these colors too. Eager to see the quilt.