Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mini Design Boards

The second project I finished over the weekend are my mini design boards. If you missed it, or don't want to click back to the original post on these, I used this tutorial or you can click here for the video version of the tutorial.

I made four that measure 10" by 14" and two that measure 20" by 14". In my original post on these I said I was going to use a different glue, but I did find my glue gun so I used it instead. The advantage of the glue gun is that the glue dries very quickly so you can use your boards right away. The disadvantage is that you can burn yourself if you aren't careful. 


I opted to edge mine with binding as she does in the tutorial because I agree with her, anything worth making is worth making cute.


Besides the intended purpose for these, which is a piecing aid, they are also good as a photography aid. Below I used one to photograph my 2015 ornament progress.


I have 5 embroidered wreaths so far. I cut out and traced a few more. Hand embroidery is a great TV watching project.


1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

These have been on my to-do list for a while!