Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Blue Tote With Cover

Last week I showed you two totes I made recently. This one is a third.


I am writing up a pattern for these and wanted to include directions for making a cover.


I should have cut my cover pieces a bit larger so that it would close completely. This is what happens sometimes during the testing process of pattern writing. 

I didn't have enough of any blue fabric I felt matched the bag and handles well enough, so I had to use two prints.


However, I like that they are different. It's a nice surprise on the inside.

And here is a follow-up of the first blue tote I made and gave to the cat. She loves her tote and sleeps in it all the time.


I keep it underneath my sewing machine table. We are both much happier now. She can nap comfortably in my sewing room and she isn't in my way.


3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

LOL You gotta love cats. I love your latest bag. I really like the stripe effect you have on the outside and especially like that it has the enclosed top. You are really doing great with these.

merinz said...

Arent cats so funny. I bet she chose the bag herself. If you had made one especially for her she probably wouldnt have wanted it!

Mama Pea said...

I am seriously in love with your totes! They are just awesome! Love this stripey one! And the cover!