Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Another Basket

Over the weekend I made another one hour basket. The link will take you to the tutorial.



Spooky insisted on inspecting my work. I believe it passed inspection.

Again, I put the handles on the long sides instead of the short sides. This time I cut them 11" long instead of 9". The additional 2" is just enough to allow the handles to easily meet in the middle when carrying the basket in one hand. 

These baskets are so fun to make! Without quilting, it really does take about an hour, after your first one. I don't know about you, but it always takes me longer to make the first one of anything. More of these baskets are on my to-do list. They are handy and relatively easy to make. In addition, with Christmas coming up I think they would make great gifts.


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

How did i miss this? Love this basket. I told my friend about your baskets and when looking for the link for her, found this one i missed. Can it really be made in an hour?