Friday, September 18, 2015

Sneak Peak

I am currently working on two things, neither of which I can show you just yet.

The first is the mystery quilt I am hosting with my scrap group. We met on Wednesday and I gave them the last block/unit clues. Next month I will give them the final clue. I am working on getting my top together so they can see it finished when I give them the last clue. You'll have to wait until the third Wednesday in October to see it.

My second project is pattern testing for a new friend. She said I could show you a sneak peak so here it is


The pattern calls for bias piping, not something I typically stock in my sewing room. The closest store that might carry this is 40 miles away. I was just there on Wednesday and didn't feel like making another trip this week. Had I read the pattern before Wednesday, I could have looked to see if they have some, but I didn't so I didn't.

Not to worry. I just looked up online how to make piping. It really isn't hard. I had everything I needed to make enough for this project.

Now that my piping is made I need to get back to the project. When the pattern is ready to be released I will be able to show you the rest of this adorable project. 


2 comments:

Barb said...

That is something I want to learn how to do....maybe I need to look it up.

Gene Black said...

I have a machine to make piping but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I am sure I can use piping to make some pillows..but not sure what else I would use it for.